Thursday 31 March 2011

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

The software we used throughout editing was Final Cut Express and Adobe After Effects on the MAC computers. I had never used a MAC computer or any of the software so it was a new experience with me. Firstly before we started editing we had some technical problems with the software which eventually got fixed and we received a basic editing class for Final Express. I then went onto the internet and looked at tutorials on how to do certain things on the software. For our preliminary task we used flip cams to film which were limited in sound but suited the project well as they werent heavy to carry around. We also worked on Adobe After Effects for things such as the credits. The problem I personally encountered with Adobe After Effects was that I designed credits for our film opening but when trying to import them to Final Cut it would not work, this posed the problem of designing credits elsewhere so I designed them on Final Cut instead but they didn't have the same effects on Final Cut which meant I had to work with what effects they did have to design suitable credits.
The overall problem I personally had with the software was simply getting the hang of it and using it properly. I struggled throughout the project as I didn't know how to use it and I didn't understand the way it worked. Editing is one of my main targets to improve on for next year and I will do this by looking at tutorials and asking for help from people who know how to use the software.

No comments:

Post a Comment